Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Denim Rage

The only thing harder (and more traumatic) than trying to find a decent pair of jeans is trying to find a decent pair of maternity jeans. First of all, I'm offended that all maternity clothes are banned to some dingy corner on the top floor of the department store. Also, once you wander through the maze of normal-person clothes and find the maternity section, there are only two pairs of pants and some shirts that look like something on sale at Dress Barn. I spent at least three hours yesterday searching everywhere on the north side of Dublin for one pair of jeans, and came back completely empty-handed. Then I went online to gap.com, found a pair that looked perfect (and came in short sizes--big plus!), but they were no longer available. The only explanation is that God does not want me to wear jeans.

P.S. Ireland, please join the 21st century and get on board with online shopping. Honestly. This is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Erin-Anne said...

Hi Kate!! Kate pointed me to your page. I think we are pretty close in weeks pregnant! I am due September 12th. I too cleaned out my closet and now have to start rebuilding some sort of wardrobe. But now that I am showing, at least it looks like I am pregnant, instead of just getting fat! Too bad about the jeans from Gap because I have picked up two pair from there and they look just like normal jeans...very cute. I am lucky though to have a Baby Gap with a Maternity section close to home so I can try things on. Let me know if you still can't get them online and we can ship you some. Best of luck! I will have to check back to see more pictures!

Erin-Anne

eharrop@alumni.bates.edu

Kate said...

Hi! Congratulations! I am jealous about your Gap maternity, but I found some good clothes at Benetton--they have a pretty big maternity section in the store here. It's worth looking into if you have one near you. Good luck!